Monday, June 25, 2012

Ego driven poll

My last poll ended in a tie. Half the people thought Romney's best slogan was Rmoney and half thought “Mitt will work to expand and enhance access and opportunities for Americans to hunt, shoot, and protect, their families. (mittromney.com)”

Obviously Mitt believes in the right for Americans to hunt and shoot their families.

On to the next self indulgent poll.

I'm about a third or halfway through the rough draft of my latest novel. I've gotten to the point where the heroes faced a horrible defeat. They must have an inspiring speech in the tradition of Winston Churchill's “We shall fight” or William Wallace's “all men die but few men really live.” So I had them take turns giving an inspirational speech.

Luckily all my characters are quirky so they can give interesting lines. Which freedom speech do you like the best?

Nomi: I shall go on to the end. I shall fight in France, I shall fight them wearing pants. I shall fight on the seas and oceans, I shall fight with peas and potions. I shall fight on the beaches, I shall fight using leaches. I shall fight on the landing grounds, I shall fight them with a hound. I shall fight in the streets, I shall fight where ever we meet. I shall fight in the hills, I shall fight in the mills; I shall never surrender!

Edgar: Fight and we may die. Run and we may live. If that's the choice I say, 'fight'. They can take our planet. They can take our freedom. The can steal our wealth, leaving millions to die in poverty. But when they start messing with our strippers. That's where I draw the line!

April: Can't is a word I hear all day. I can't do this, I can't do that. Can't is just a four letter word for a four letter emotion: Fear. Expose yourself to your darkest fear, then fear has no power. Only then are you truly free.

As always vote on the upper left-hand corner of the page.

By Darrell B. Nelson author of I KILLED THE MAN THAT WASN'T THERE

No comments: