Monday, September 26, 2011

Fabulous!

Last week's poll was about Gay Marriages, 2/3s agree, “They're Fabuulouus!”. It is impossible to disagree on that. In fact I might actually watch a gay celebrity marriage if they go all out. I avoid hetro celebrity marriages because they bore me to tears.

On to the next poll:

One really hard part of action writing is the bad guy's final words. In just one sentence you have to express all the passion that the bad guy had for doing his evil deeds. To make it worse Shakespeare and Melville really covered revenge and obsession masterfully.

So in the Star Trek movies they took three approaches to the final words.

Melville in Wrath of Khan

Khan: From Hell's heart I stab at thee.

Shakespeare in Undiscovered Country

Chang: I am as constant as the northern star.

Then they went with a totally original line in Star Trek 2009.

Nero: Egah!

Each of these final lines has pros and cons, but I'm wondering, which final words really summed up the bad guy the best.

By Darrell B. Nelson author of I KILLED THE MAN THAT WASN'T THERE

No comments: