Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Temper Tantrum Tuesday: Spring


You’re probably wondering how I can bitch about Spring, everyone loves the Springtime.

I’m not so much bitching about Springtime just a lack of it. Back in the North Country New York spring would be a time when the temperature would be in the 50s and 60s and the snow would still be on the ground in some places. This weather would last from the end of March to the beginning of May. Plenty of time to adjust from winter to summer.

Now, I live in Kentucky and Spring lasts from the end of March to the beginning of April. So now we are into Summer, and I have to do the millions of things around the house to be summer ready.

The garden needs tilling, the grass needs mowing, the AC units have to be put in the windows, I have to set-up the solar hot water heater, and sometime before the temperatures get so high I have to seal the house back up I need to strip, stain and varnish the hardwood floors in the kitchen.

All of this is a pain and I wish I had the few months to do it in like I had up north, instead of the couple weeks I have down here.

4 comments:

Stephanie Barr said...

We all have our crosses to bear. Odd, I live in freakin' Houston and it's still spring.

Darrell B. Nelson said...

It was in the 80s today To me that means it's summer.

Stephanie Barr said...

Heck, we had eighties in December.

Anonymous said...

When I was in Oklahoma we had four seasons: (1) almost summer, (2) summer, (3) still summer, and (4) six weeks of black ice. Enjoy your one day of spring!
Mike Hawthorne