Friday, April 30, 2010

It’s a Happy Friday, Thanks Everyone


At the beginning of the year I had a bout of Writers Block. I posted about it here and got great advice as to how to get passed it.

Just to get the creative juices flowing I banged out a little short story, “The Genie and The Breadsticks”. When I started writing it I never intended to show it to anyone, just write a little piece to get back into the flow of writing.

When I read it after I finished I thought it was kind of good, so I didn’t delete but shared it with the readers of this blog and got positive feedback so I looked around to humor magazines and submitted it.

The Cynic Online Magazine liked it and accepted it.

I’d like to thank everyone who offered me advice for my Writers Block and let them know that because of their advice another one of my stories has been published. Thanks again.

Darrell B Nelson author of “Invasive Thoughts

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Project,

You are a great writer!!!!!!

Glad to hear that things are going in the right direction. But in the end, with artists such as yourself, it ultimately has to be Art for Arts sake.
It is just a natural gift that you have made into a craft. The world gets to enjoy it. But I think writers such as yourself just have to keep writing no matter what the results.

Cher Duncombe said...

Congratulations on being published! You are knowledgeable and insightful about any issue one can conjure up. It is always a pleasure to read your posts and an honor to receive your comments. We look forward to more of your erudite---and witty statements!

Stephanie Barr said...

I think it's excellent that the story that helped was clearly marketable. Those little surprises are the best kind.

Congratulations!

Unknown said...

Do you mind if I just start living vicariously through you? Can I do that? I want to. I like to pretend that your success is mine. Ha ha! Congratulations for everything! I'm with Grant, you're a great writer! I raise my glass to you tonight!

Darrell B. Nelson said...

Thanks again everybody.