Monday, January 18, 2010

More Stupid Mondays


I’ve been posting 4 to 5 times a week and I suddenly realize that there are 7 days in a week. That leaves two days a week that this blog isn’t used by me.

I’ve also noticed that there are a whole lot of stupid people in the news, much more than I can ever call out in my series, “Shut-Up Stupid Sunday”. So I’m asking for help.

Once a week I’d like to have a guest blogger tell a group of stupid people to shut up. It can be any group of people who are yelling about anything that has a stupid premise behind it. Trust me once you start looking there is more stupid out there than can be tackled by one person.

It doesn’t have to be Earth shattering stupid, it could be trivial like, Stupid Song Lyrics: In Thin Lizzy’s song “Jail Break” they sing, “Tonight there’s gonna be a Jail Break, Somewhere in this town”. Um, most likely the Jail, but that’s just a guess.

As far as censorship, other than blatant Spam or anything that would violate bloggers terms of use there won’t be any. If I don’t agree with your premise I’ll note that but I’ll put your whole post up. In fact I’d love to get some that challenge my way of thinking.

Spelling and Grammar: I’ll run it through Word to check for obvious spelling mistakes and typos. As far as grammar, if I can figure out what you are saying it’s good enough for this site. If you look over this site you can see I’m not too picky about that.

Just be sure to give me the URL to your blog, the blog name, and how you want your credit to read so I can put it up top. In the last paragraph include… to (Stupid People) I say, “Shut-up Stupid”. Other than that have fun.

As far as readership I’ve been consistently getting over a hundred hits a day, so that will give your blog a little more exposure.

Send your post to: morestupid2@yahoo.com and put “More Stupid” in the subject. Not that the spambots care but that email is only going to be used for this purpose.

Again have fun and thanks for helping me expose more stupidity.

3 comments:

Stephanie Barr said...

I think this is a terrific idea. I won't contribute, however, because I'm not even taking time to fill in my own blog like I should.

OK, I might contribute once or twice. I do enjoy your blog very much.

Darrell B. Nelson said...

The more the merrier. I love doing the Shut-up Stupid posts but they are very slanted towards my POV obviously as I'm the one doing them. Fresh voices would make them better.

David Tamayo said...

I am now officially on the look out for something stupid to write about. You are right when you say that there is "more stupid out there than can be tackled by one person". ;o) Thanks for commenting on my post about "Guns". Those that have been witness to things that have shaken their lives or made them realize what helplessness is will always stand up for a people's right to defend themselves. Take care my friend. ;o)