Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Temper Tantrum Tuesday: Rand Paul and Aqua Buddha


I had promised myself that I wouldn’t talk about the Aqua Buddha story. But Rand Paul brought it up so now it is fair game. Basically in college Rand and another male student kidnapped a girl tied her up, forced her to do bong hits and in order to be untied she had to worship the Aqua Buddha. She says she never felt threatened at any time she just found the whole thing strange.

I haven’t talked about it because I’ve done similar things when I was in college. I didn’t make any girls worship Aqua Buddha but I can see myself going along with that if someone brought that idea up.

In the recent debate between Jack Conway and Rand Paul, Rand had a hissy fit over Jack bringing up the subject refusing to shake Jack’s hand because he, “refuses to associate with someone who attacks my faith.”

Really Rand? You won’t associate with someone known for attacking someone else’s Christian faith? How many times have you gone on Glenn Beck’s show? How many times have you appeared on Hannity’s show? Both of those men are famous for calling Obama a Muslim and saying he’s not a Christian.

In your rallies I don’t remember you addressing your supporters that carry signs saying, “Obama is Muslim” and telling them you won’t associate with someone who attacks another persons Christian faith.

You gladly shook Mitch McConnell’s hand after he said, “Obama says he’s a Christian and I take him at his word.” And you stood on stage with Sarah Palin after she said something similar.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt here and say maybe you are blind to things that don’t affect you personally, not a great quality for a Senator, and now you see what it is like to have your faith attacked. If that is the case, now that your eyes have been opened, will you follow a path and refuse to associate with anyone who attacks Obama’s faith?

If you do that I will believe your outrage, otherwise I’ll have to conclude that yes you are a Christian, whenever it happens to be convenient for you.


By Darrell B. Nelson author of Invasive Thoughts

No comments: