Monday, December 27, 2010

My Lovely Christmas Present:


Over Christmas I got a lovely little Windows virus. I went to use my old Macfee Anti-Virus program and the virus was so bad it wouldn't run. Fun.

So I am done with Windows. On my PC I switched to Ubuntu (Linux) and I'll use my Mac for formating things in MS Office. Ubuntu comes with OpenOffice and reads the Word formating, even the higher functions like TOCs, comments and stuff.

I'll be playing around with the new operating system and seeing what it can do. So far I've been able to do all the things that I could do in Windows except ASP Programming which I haven't done seriously in a few years anyway.

I haven't used Linux in nearly a decade so it is a little different than it was then.

I was wondering if there are any other people out there that have given Windows the boot?

By Darrell B. Nelson author of Alien Thoughts

No comments: