Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Stupendously Big Announcement


As I've been hinting at for the last couple of days, I've got a big announcement to make.

Unfortunately it is not that I will unleash a kitten army to rule the world. It turns out that kitten armies don't like to go out in the rain.

And it is not that I'm giving a Flamingo to all my fans, like one person wanted.

But I do have a new release:


It is a short story I recycled from some of the free writing I did while working on MIND THIEF. I took these scenes, added a plot, two more scenes like them, and a hopefully likable main character.

It is available free at Smashwords.

Or you can pay $0.99 for it at Amazon.

Unfortunately, I can't directly give it away for free on Amazon. I have to price it at their lowest point and wait for their software to notice that I give it away free on all other sites. Once that happens it will be free there as well.

Repossessing Sanity was a quick and fun story to write. When I wrote it I wanted to try a few different things. I have always loved “Deal with the Devil” stories. There is something about having to take on pure evil that can't be attacked directly that makes for a fun story. I've also been told I don't write sympathetic characters. So I wanted to see if I could make a character whose actions were repulsive, likable. I feel I did that.

I hope you enjoy Repossessing Sanity as a quick fun read.

By Darrell B. Nelson author of
I KILLED THE MAN THAT WASN'T THERE

1 comment:

Karen Wiggins said...

This is a great post, thanks