Monday, September 20, 2010

Rally to Restore Sanity


The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart is going to holding a Rally to Restore Sanity on Oct. 30, 2010 in Washington D.C. This rally is for the people he calls the busy majority, the 70% of Americans who would like national policy to be set by people who know about the issues at hand instead of whoever can yell the loudest.

Are you one of these people? Here is a simple quiz.

Have you ever disagreed with someone and didn’t call them Hitler?

Do you believe that roads, libraries, water and sewer lines, parks, street lights, and the internet are nice things to have around and aren’t a form of slavery?

Do you think that what your neighbors do in their bedroom, where you can’t see it, doesn’t inflict on your freedoms?

If you answered yes to these questions then you are a sane person and this rally is for you.

Knowing that the busy majority is well, busy, I am offering my support to Team Stewart by starting a weekly series of motivational posters for those people who agree with the cause of bringing sanity back into the discussion of national issues.

To start it off I’ll focus on a controversial issue between the sane people and the lunatics that get a lot of airtime: Roads.

A lot of sane people like roads and use them to go back and forth to work and when they are running errands. These sane people think that while we have a lot of unemployed people in the nation it is a good time to repair them after they have been ignored for so long.

If you agree with that I’ve made a motivational poster for you.

If you disagree I’ll be posting a motivational poster against the idea on Thursday as part of my support for Team Colbert’s “Keeping Fear Alive” Rally.

Update: I have posted a rebuttal to this sanity, with a motivational poster on my Keep Fear Alive post.


By Darrell B. Nelson author of Invasive Thoughts

1 comment:

Stephanie Barr said...

I like the idea for this rally intensely. I wish I thought it would make a difference.

I sure hope I'm wrong.