Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Temper Tantrum Tuesday: A funny thing happened in the Polls


The GOP has started their election push and pulled out all the stops, Glenn Beck held a rally in Washington DC to defend intolerance. Sarah Palin has been doing a tour and was even interviewed on Fox to show her great intellectual powers. Newt Gingrich has been hitting the air talking about how Obama is anti-colonial unlike the Founding Fathers who loved colonialism. Mitch McConnell has been on the air constantly to make the case why billionaires should pay a lower percentage in taxes than the middle class.

Now the polls have come out showing the result, the Dems gained 10%. The talking heads in the media can’t figure out how the Dems got such a great boost when the GOP has dominated the media over the last week and are doing a great job of getting their message out. Naturally they can’t believe those two things are related.

On Sunday I told the bigots who are shouting about getting rid of anyone in this country who isn’t just like them to shut up. I’m going to issue a rare retraction. I want all the bigots and intolerant people to keep shouting at the top of their lungs.

The Tea Party has spoken and the media has broadcast their message and it is leading to an increase in the Democrats popularity.

The Democrats could win big this year if they were to buy airtime for the GOP. The more the GOP spread their message of hate and class entitlement the better the Democrats do. So GOP keep up your media campaign, it is giving a great boost to the Democrats.

By Darrell B. Nelson author of Invasive Thoughts

2 comments:

Dr. Cheryl Carvajal said...

All signs indicate that even the GOP is beginning (I emphasize "beginning") to cringe from Tea Party movements.

What's hilarious is the name itself seems to indicate some sort of revolution... yet all they want is to go backwards, to days of religious repression and bigotry.

I certainly don't like the idea of having police patrol my neighborhood to make sure I am attending church and not working on the sabbath. I already had to endure 7 years in South Carolina, where only groceries could be sold before 1:30 p.m. on a Sunday.

Hopefully, the more they shout, the more their colors will show, and people will listen, think, "Whoa, I can't stand for that!" and walk away.

Stephanie Barr said...

I know nothing turns me off any politician, ever, like negative ads.

Start spreading passing out hatred, bigotry and fear like party favors, and I'm calling for my check.

And I make a point to vote against any such knucklehead.